In a commercial or business setup, you can set up authorized accounts for your Players to restrict public access from editing the Player's settings or commands.
To set up user authorization on the Players, perform the following steps:
- In the BluOS Controller App, select the Player from the Player Drawer.
- Under the left Navigation Drawer, select Help > Diagnostics to locate the IP Address of the required Player.
- Note the Player's IP address.
- Open a web browser that supports XML (Chrome, Safari, Firefox)
- Enter the IP address of the Player in the following format (case sensitive) in the address bar to launch the Authorization window.
http://<Player’s IP address>/authorizationreplace <Player’s IP address> with IP Address identified in Step 3.
- Select Authorization level as None.
- Select Add User to launch the Add User window.
- Enter the User Name, Password, and Repeat Password (to verify).
- Select Authorization level as User and authorization management.
- Select Add User in the Add User window.
- In the Authorization window, select Authorization level as Status.
- Close the web browser.
Once completed, you will be prompted for a Username and Password when accessing the Player from the BluOS Controller App or Control Panel.