Using Spotify Connect, you can stream music directly from Spotify on any Bluesound Professional product.
This article elaborates on the steps to connect to the Spotify application and to create presets in the BluOS Controller app.
The BluOS Controller app can store the Spotify playlist and artist’s top tracks in the preset – these can be mapped to the preset buttons in the CP100 wall mount controller. The tracks and playlist can also be accessed using third-party control systems such as Control4, and be scheduled to stream using the alarm section of the BluOS Controller app.
Note: Spotify can only be connected using Spotify Connect, as Spotify no longer supports native integrations on any other platform.
Connecting to Spotify
- In the BluOS Controller app, under the left navigation pane, select Music Services.
- Select Spotify from the list of Music Services.
- Select Open Spotify. The Spotify app is launched.
- Select the Devices icon in the bottom right corner of the Spotify app. The Connect to a Device pop-up menu displays the list of BluOS devices.
- Select the device/zone in which you would like to stream the Spotify content.
Note: Grouped zones appear identical in both the BluOS Controller and the Spotify app.
Creating Presets in BluOS
- Play any Spotify playlist or artist’s top track in the desired zone.
- Open the BluOS Controller app, and access the currently playing track.
- Select the overflow menu, and select Add Preset.
- Under the left navigation pane of the BluOS Controller app, select My Presets to view the recently added preset.
- Edit the name of the presets, as it is set by default to the Spotify account name.
The newly created presets can now be scheduled like other BluOS presets.