Using the BluOS Controller app (Windows/macOS version), you can remotely access and control individual players from a different subnet at your convenience. This article elaborates on the steps to set up both Network A – local store and Network B – remote VPN (subnet).
- Ports 11000,11010,11020,11030, and 80 must be open on all networks.
- This method is not meant for grouping players and is not designed to support grouping multiple players across different subnets.
- This setup can be performed only using the Windows or macOS version of the BluOS Controller app.
We have used the B400S – 4 Zone Network Music Player as an example in the Network A – local store.
This article involves two steps: Setting up Network A – local store and setting up Network B – remote VPN (subnet).
Setting up Network A – local store
- Download and launch the BluOS Controller app on your Windows or macOS.
- Select the Player Drawer icon and choose the Player (B400S) that requires setup from the My Players drawer. The Add Player window is displayed.
- Select the Player (B400S) to be configured.
- Rename the Player (optional) and select Next. Once the player is connected, a success message is displayed.
- Select Finish. After successful configuration, the B400S player with four zones is displayed under My Players.
- Assign a static IP address for B400S and make note of the static IP address. For more information, refer to How Do I set a Static IP Address on my Player.
The Network A – local store setup is now complete.
Setting up Network B – remote VPN (subnet)
- Open File Explorer/Finder and paste the following to navigate to the B400S’ staticPlayers text file.
/Users/USERNAME/Library/Application Support/BluOS Controller/staticPlayers.txt
- Open the staticPlayers text file and enter the following:
<<static IP>>:11000,<<static IP>>:11010,<<static IP>>:11020,<<static IP>>:11030
Replace the <<static IP>> with the actual static IP address of B400S configured in the Network A – local store procedure.
For example, if the static IP address of B400S connected to the Network A – local store is 18.104.22.168, then edit staticPlayers text file on Windows using Notepad as follows:
Note: When a single zone player such as B100S/B106S is connected to the Network A – local store, then list only <<static IP>>:11000 in the staticPlayers text file.
The Network B – remote VPN (subnet) setup is now complete.
Accessing players from Network B
Players from all connected subnets are now available for monitor and control in Network B.