Using the BluOS Controller app, you can remotely access and control individual players from a different subnet at your convenience. This article elaborates on the steps to set up both Network A – local store and Network B – remote VPN (subnet).
- Ports 11000,11010,11020,11030 and 80 must be open on all networks.
- This method is not meant for the grouping of players and is not designed to support the grouping of multiple players across different subnets.
- Initial setup of players/zones on the local network can be performed only in the Android/iOS-enabled BluOS Controller app. (Initial setup option for macOS/Windows version of BluOS Controller app will be released soon).
We have used the B400S – 4 Zone Network Music Player as an example in the Network A – local store.
This article involves two steps: Setting up Network A – local store and setting up Network B – remote VPN (subnet).
Setting up Network A – local store
- In the BluOS Controller app (iOS/Android only), select the Rooms button to open the Player Selection Drawer.
- Under the My Players section, select the B400S to be configured.
- When prompted enter the name of the player and select Continue. Once the player is connected, a success message is displayed.
After successful configuration, the B400S player with four zones is displayed under My Players.
Note: The rest of the steps may be performed in Windows/macOS versions of the BluOS Controller app.
- Assign a static IP address for B400S and make note of the static IP address. For more information, refer to How Do I set a Static IP Address on my Player.
The Network A – local store setup is now complete.
Setting up Network B – remote VPN (subnet)
- Open File Explorer/Finder and paste the following to navigate to the B400S’ staticPlayers text file.
C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\BluOS Controller\staticPlayers.txt (for Windows).
/Users/USERNAME/Library/Application Support/BluOS Controller/staticPlayers.txt (for macOS).
- Open the staticPlayers text file and enter the following:
<<static IP>>:11000,<<static IP>>:11010,<<static IP>>:11020,<<static IP>>:11030
Replace the <<static IP>> with the static IP address of B400S connected in the Network A – local store.
For example, if the static IP address of B400S connected to the Network A – local store is 188.8.131.52, then edit staticPlayers text file on Windows using Notepad as follows:
Note: When a single zone player such as B100S/B106S is connected to the Network A – local store, then list only <<static IP>>:11000 in the staticPlayers text file.
The Network B – remote VPN (subnet) setup is now complete.
Accessing players from Network B
Players from all connected subnets are now available for monitor and control in Network B.